FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plane Food
Thread: Plane Food
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:10 pm
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gaz
I do see the logic... I think my choices come down to my humble upbringings, if the food is free, I feel like I should be having it. Actually, it think it's more a case that my in-flight strategy involves trying to make the flight go as quickly as possible. 2 hours of meal at the beginning immediately takes a sizeable chunk out of the flight.
Same here -it 'eats' time from your flight!

For EU trips though, I might well be tempted. Considering that twice this year already I have been offered an ET sandwich in Club because apparantly some pax upgraded at the last minute, BA didn't order any additional catering and the purser didn't know who had booked when so just did a first come first served basis. I am not the type to make a scene but a full J ticket to Berlin on an evening flight sort of deserves something more than a sandwich IMHO -anyway, both times I was offered an extra et 'meal'

Whilst I like some of the food in Club Europe, (especially the prawn salad on afternoon flights), depending on the flight departure time, you need to call room service when you arrive, leading to a late night.

Thinking about it, I'll try it later on today (sunday) during my (in theory) 6 hour T5 connection and report back. I'm on the BA870 evening flight to BUD.