FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plane Food
Thread: Plane Food
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:07 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by convair
I tend to use more of a business logic for such choices. I ALWAYS eat prior to flight if a very decent opportunity presents itself. Food on the plane is totally missable (I've been through every single menu choice on BA longhual multiple times by now) and 2 hours saved on the plane - that's what it amounts to between wheels-up and tray-cleared away - is two clear hours extra work, two hours extra sleep, or two hours buried in a decent novel. All save the most expensive restaurants will be worth that trade-off on a long-haul flight, even if I'm paying for myself, and frankly insignificant in the context of a $5000 ticket. I would be doing my company a disservice NOT to fork out $100 more to gain two hours rest/work time on the plane.
I do see the logic... I think my choices come down to my humble upbringings, if the food is free, I feel like I should be having it. Actually, it think it's more a case that my in-flight strategy involves trying to make the flight go as quickly as possible. 2 hours of meal at the beginning immediately takes a sizeable chunk out of the flight.