FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plane Food
Thread: Plane Food
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:03 pm
convair

Originally Posted by Gaz
Personally, it's unlikely I'd use it. If I'm flying J/C I'd rather just enjoy the largish meal after take off. It probably won't be as good, but it's included in the ticket price so you might as well. In any case I'm unlikely to want to be in the airport long enough to enjoy a long meal - like most other frequent travellers I try and minimise the time I spend hanging around airports.
I tend to use more of a business logic for such choices. I ALWAYS eat prior to flight if a very decent opportunity presents itself. Food on the plane is totally missable (I've been through every single menu choice on BA longhual multiple times by now) and 2 hours saved on the plane - that's what it amounts to between wheels-up and tray-cleared away - is two clear hours extra work, two hours extra sleep, or two hours buried in a decent novel. All save the most expensive restaurants will be worth that trade-off on a long-haul flight, even if I'm paying for myself, and frankly insignificant in the context of a $5000 ticket. I would be doing my company a disservice NOT to fork out $100 more to gain two hours rest/work time on the plane.