FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks American, your upgrade "enhancement" has destroyed EXP for me!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Not more about - totally about.

Those that knew the finer points of the system and gained a clearly unfair advantage are now griping that the withdrawal of that unfair advantage is, by some perverse logic, UNFAIR!
First of all, I don't recall anyone saying that the new system was unfair. I do recall some (myself included) saying that, while it is fair, we don't like it. Very big difference.

Second, how is using check-in time under the old system gaining an unfair advantage? This information was published on the AA website where it said that check-in time was used to determine upgrade priority within 3 hours. So, we were taking unfair advantage of those who choose not to read the website for the airline they're flying? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

And don't bring up the 4 hour deal, because the new change only goes into effect at 3 hours and, hence, has no impact on that particular "feature," fair or not.

So, where is this "clearly unfair advantage" that we used to have?

Cheers.