FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:07 pm
roundtheworld

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by flysurfer
I don't understand this strange discussion.

LH offers a product caled paid SEN status extension.

Don't like LH offering this product?
Complain to LH. I'm sure they'll listen to you, as always (yeah, right).
But don't insult and blame the customers who dare to buy that offer.

What's next? Ostracizing those you dare to only buy the cheapest E class tickets? Dismissing everybody as unworthy who got their status without flying the full amount of status miles? Banning those who don't credit their flights to the "right" program?

This a clear and simple case:
LH raised the price of the "product" by 33% while at the same time secretly removing one of its key benefits.

To blame the cheated customer for this situation is quite absurd.
It's also quite insulting and unfair.
And yes, it's utterly stupid.
First I only care about the tone of the complaint -- not so much about the issues.

Second, I do not care if someone buys it or not - nothing they take away from me

Third, it is a non-published benefit - the terms offered actually depend on your mileage during the year. The price is lower if oyu are closer to the goal.

The e-vouchers are not part of the offer. Previously they were added because it was a nice gesture - to make it a legal right due to precedence this would have to be going on for 30 years ... so there are some factual errors.

I do have an issue with people who rant about things they feel entitled to -- but in the end are not.

Originally Posted by SMK77
And to all of our HONchos who thinks that just sitting often enough on an airplane makes them god-like for LH: Your profitability for LH might be ways worse than that of any decent SEN card holder. Abolishing the 2.500 miles for short trips in C would help to bring some of those HONchos back to reality...
I think now we have some envy floating around

btw the Y minimum was just raised to 1000 .. .on domestic flights.

Originally Posted by flysurfer
I don't think the offer is targeted to U.S. residents.
Yes it is as well ... and I won't tell you the price or someone will cry foul

Last edited by oliver2002; Mar 12, 2008 at 7:30 pm