FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:54 pm
rdchen

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sink
Just back from a two-night stay at Sheraton HKG, this time it was to utilize the Platinum promotion for 50% off SPG point stay. Again, a slightly subpar stay. We were upgraded to the Deluxe Executive suite on the 8th Floor (SPG non-smoking floor). When inquired about Tower rooms, we were told none were available, but when I went online, it shows availability. Did not confront them (since the availability in Tower was for non-harbor view).

The one-bedroom suite are nice, but the amenities are standard. The slippers are CHEAP, and fruit basket a joke, not to mention the complementary beat-up Watson water bottles (it's seems like these plastic bottles were reclycled many times).

I would expect that the sundry items are replenished (shampoo/condition at the minimum), which did not occurred. I used two tea bags which was not replenished. I had to be an ugly America and compliant to the front desk clerk. Later on, the on-duty supervisor called (Judith, the one I've spoke with the week prior regarding the renovations). And she told me that housekeeping told her that everything was restocked. I told Judith that it's either that I'm lying or housekeeping is, so I know that I wasn't. She said she is sorry, and will work with housekeeping to make sure this don't happen in the future. Yeah. It wasn't a big deal, but I'm really tired of this hotel being so CHEAP. Being a SPG category 5 is a total JOKE. Unfortunately this is the only SPG property in Kowloon and convenient.

I love SPG, and being a Platinum, but just don't like the fake and CHEAP Sheraton Hong Kong. Now I understand why everyone raves about Westin Taipei and Sheraton Taipei, because there is no comparison (except for the view of harbor view rooms).
Plat is NOT entitled to tower upgrade. You should have inquired about the starpoint UG option to the tower room.