FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:54 pm
sink

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Just back from a two-night stay at Sheraton HKG, this time it was to utilize the Platinum promotion for 50% off SPG point stay. Again, a slightly subpar stay. We were upgraded to the Deluxe Executive suite on the 8th Floor (SPG non-smoking floor). When inquired about Tower rooms (I was willing to use pts as indicated in this thread), we were told none were available, but when I went online, it shows availability. Did not confront them (since the availability in Tower was for non-harbor view).

The one-bedroom suite are nice, but the amenities are standard. The slippers are CHEAP, and fruit basket a joke, not to mention the complementary beat-up Watson water bottles (it's seems like these plastic bottles were reclycled many times).

I would expect that the sundry items are replenished (shampoo/condition at the minimum), which did not occurred. I used two tea bags which was not replenished. I had to be an ugly America and compliant to the front desk clerk. Later on, the on-duty supervisor called (Judith, the one I've spoke with the week prior regarding the renovations). And she told me that housekeeping told her that everything was restocked. I told Judith that it's either that I'm lying or housekeeping is, so I know that I wasn't. She said she is sorry, and will work with housekeeping to make sure this don't happen in the future. Yeah. It wasn't a big deal, but I'm really tired of this hotel being so CHEAP. Being a SPG category 5 is a total JOKE. Unfortunately this is the only SPG property in Kowloon and convenient.

I love SPG, and being a Platinum, but just don't like the fake and CHEAP Sheraton Hong Kong. Now I understand why everyone raves about Westin Taipei and Sheraton Taipei, because there is no comparison (except for the view of harbor view rooms).

Last edited by sink; Mar 10, 2008 at 11:35 pm