FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks American, your upgrade "enhancement" has destroyed EXP for me!
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:05 pm
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by vasantn
Yes, the system is now stacked against the 100 or so people in the whole universe who knew or cared about the 24-hour check-in "trick" out of 50 million AAdvantage members.
No, I think the new system is "stacked against" those who book tickets closer to travel. I tend to not book real late (last few days) and not months in advance. It will be interesting to see how it effects me. So far I have had LGA-ORD, ORD-ABQ, ABQ-DFW and LGA-STL clear since the rule went into effect. I had a DFW-LGA not clear but I was first on the list so it was just sold out so no bad effect yet. It probably would have cleared anyway but they had a lot of people trying to get out DFW this past Saturday due to bad weather Friday and they seemed to have shifted a lot of paid firsts onto the flight. So that wasnt a typical event. If I do see an effect, I may start buying tickets when I book early on AA, and if it is later on UA where they seem to go by fare class. Ill have to give that some thought after I see the impact of this.