FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks American, your upgrade "enhancement" has destroyed EXP for me!
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:12 am
billgrates3

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by ORDflyer
I prefer the new system.
No getting up to check in at 24 hours, no frantic button pushing to take advantage of the phone loophole. Last minute travel is generally so expensive that a YUP is available for not much more. Doesn't this really affect the scramble for the last few FC seats anyway? If an upgrade cleared before the airport list was created, there is no change.
Here's what I want to know, since I am usually trying to upgrade internationally.... how does the new system affect the C inventory bucket when there is a domestic segment connecting to an international segment? The old system was as clear as mud when C upgrades did not clear in advance, now the new system is as clear as thick fog. No GA was ever able to explain to me before how priorities work in this common situation.

So... if the new system is supposed to be straight forward and fair, then C upgrades should ALWAYs have higher priority than X or R, regardless of status... but wait! On an outbound leg, if your international segment has not cleared before the departure of the first, earlier domestic segment, you don't have a C upgrade yet, therefore what is your upgrade priority on the first segment??