FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO vs. Swiss Air
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:08 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by msbiojojo
Im outside my comfort zone and am ready to pitch a fit because i didnt get my way but this is what I have.

LX seems to be my best option to coordinate times locations etc. CO simply doesnt work. BA arrives in LHR and changes to Gatwick which a previous poster commented on and that seems like a lot of work. TA is checking with Delta, while i dont like them (Guilt by association with Air France), I will see what they have to offer but im fairly certain this is the option.

My flights are through Zurich which is a plus, however i have now coordinated with friends flying coach on LX so using the private lounge is awkward(in addition to being the only one sitting up front).

Im flying BOS ZUR (A340-300) ZUR BCN(A321)
VCE ZUR(Fokker 100) ZUR BOS (A330-200)

What do you think? Im flying four different planes. I dont like change. Remember, I only care about my behind..not the friendly faces.
M
I don't think this is a bad itinerary. The big plus is that you get the A340 for the overnight portion. The A330 seats aren't the best, but they are okay for the daylight flights. And, overall, I like the A330/A340 layouts, which are like a spacious 767. The other two planes are fine, but don't get your hopes up about intra-European flights (on any carrier) - they are not even close to the standards of US domestic First Class.

Otherwise, I greatly prefer to connect in Europe, rather than the US. To that end, and knowing that BA doesn't work, your other options out of Boston would be Air France, Lufthansa, Iberia, or Northwest (connecting with KLM). It sounds like Air France is out. But, I wouldn't dismiss Northwest (on the A330), if the pricing works. I think the seats are very comfortable, and the rest of the experience is quite good, in my experience. Indeed, I think the NW lounge in BOS is better than the Lufthansa lounge, and the Schengen-side lounge in Amsterdam is probably as nice as the LX Zurich lounge.