FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:01 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i am posting from the hotel now. in the old days platinums where allowed in the then two floor towers lounge and it was great. then they renovated and cut the towers lounge to one floor and created the windowless cave like lounge we have now. the platinum lounge became off limits as the hotel said the towers guests were complaining that there were too many of us. when the platinum lounge first opened there was only beer and wine available-- mixed drinks were out-- after a small rebellion they added hard liquor. they just updated the lounge with a new serving set up for the evening hor dourves. it actually looks more pitiful than before. it is amazing how cheap they can be with their so called best customers. interestingly i stay in the towers once in a while for variety and the only differences in december were that Heineken was a beer choice and they had a selection of dim sum in addition to the regular appetizers ( and a fabulous view).

my observation over the last 10 years or so is that the number of platinums staying in the hotel is declining even though the occupancy of the hotel is high.
the lounge used to be full and now it is usually just a handful of us. it will be interesting to see what happens when the new w opens up later in the year. i know that i will try it and see how they treat us.