FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO vs. Swiss Air
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:26 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Delta doesn't have any Airbus aircraft in the fleet, they used to have some A310s, but those have been gone well over a decade now. Recent generation long haul is all on 777, 767, and 757 aircraft... all Boeing. In the past they also flew MD-11 (Douglas) and L-1011 (Lockheed) but those can't hardly be compared to any business class product out there today.

The type of aircraft in general shouldn't affect the quality of the business class seats or service. Any carrier can configure their aircraft how they wish whether that be good or not so good.

I'm not familiar at all with LX's product up front, but I've heard its pretty nice. ZRH is an easy airport to deal with for connections as well. I don't think I would want to deal with LHR so BA would be out even though the biz product is nice. LHR is still on the carry on bag policy though some other London area airports have lifted that.

Since you don't care about status miles, if you find a decent connection you might try using one of the out of alliance carriers across the ocean. There are several really nice non-traditional options out there from New York to Europe. All of these carriers have mileage agreement with one or more of our domestic carriers to earn RDMs, just not status miles. (Exception SQ in *A)

Qatar Airways (QR) EWR-GVA
Emirates (EK) JFK-HAM
Singapore Airlines (SQ) JFK-FRA (Star Alliance)
Jet Airways (9W) JFK/EWR-BRU

Last edited by dvs7310; Mar 3, 2008 at 5:36 pm