FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any disadvantage booking CO flights with Delta SkyMiles ?
Old Mar 2, 2008, 2:08 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I don't know about you, sbm12, but as far as increased availability for CO elites, I never, ever found any additional availability as a CO elite.

In fact, on a number of occasions, on a lark, I compared award availability while I was signed in as an elite, and when I was not signed in (i.e. non-elite). On a couple of occasions, there was more award availability for non-elites than for elites...
I find it rather often as a Platinum. The EN and GN (more common) buckets disappear when I log out. I always have to remember that when trying to help folks on here find reward seats, as I have made that mistake once or twice and inspired false hopes of reward availability. Just now I found GN availability on CO 15 (EWR-HNL) for 14 JAN 09 as an elite (both my PLT account and my wife's Silver account). As a non-elite I can only book a connecting flight via IAH on that date; the non-stop is not there.

I do recall the issues with non-elites inventory being greater than elites many months ago, but I do not recall that having happened in quite some time now.