FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improvements to Re-entry Disembarkation/Embarkation card
Old Mar 1, 2008, 8:43 pm
jib71

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by hamburgler
Apparently, the Immigration folks have figured out they already know most of what they ask for on the re-entry card.
Thanks for the news hamburgler. So this means that you no longer need to write your passport number and alien registration card number on the form?

That would be an improvement, since those are two of the pieces of information that I usually need to verify (the other is my flight number). I usually complete the forms on the train to avoid fumbling around in the immigration hall with luggage, tickets, gaijin card, passport, immigration form and pen. But sometimes I forget...

I assume that the red lines are a temporary measure until they print new forms to take account of this improvement. It would be great if they would just do away with the forms, like they did for Japanese passport holders a while back.

To this end, I'd be happy to sign a once-and-forever declaration that I will comply with the stuff on the back of the form. All the other information on that form could be gleaned by scanning the barcodes on my passport, boarding pass and gaijin card (except the full list of countries I will visit, which is a pointless thing to ask since my itinerary sometimes changes during my trip).

Originally Posted by hamburgler
thus the automated gate gaijin were really a priority queue on them. One of them actually told me I should wait in line
Japanese citizens may also register their prints and use those gates. Mrs. jib (a Japanese citizen) has done so and can now avoid the awful Monday morning lines before the flights to China. If the angry folks don't want to be fingerprinted... it's really not the gaijins' fault, is it?

Perhaps you should have invited Mr. Angry to go ahead in front of you at the automated gate... I'm sure you would have melted his heart with your generous gesture.

Last edited by jib71; Mar 1, 2008 at 11:12 pm