FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly denied admittance to WorldClub
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:48 pm
ewick12

Wrongly denied admittance to WorldClub

I was flying from DTW to IAH on Februarary 10. I tried to go into the main WorldClub at DTW but was rudely denied admittance. The lounge dragons were very rude. After one told me that I could not be admitted, her co-worker chimed in (very loudly) to back her up. They said things such as, "We are a bar", "no one under 21 is allowed".

I am 18 but I was traveling with my sister who is 21. Not that it really matters, but I would not drink in the club. I was following all the rules but they still wouldn't let me in. Since they didn't let me in I had to hang out in the regular airport for 3+ hours. I just wanted to work on some homework and it's hard to find electrical outlets and a good work area in the regular terminal.

I did a TTU and received a response saying sorry and giving me 5500 miles. The reply included the following,
I am sorry you were so rudely denied access to the WorldClub and I am
sorry I cannot give you an answer as to specifically why were you
denied. American Express Platinum members do have access to our clubs
and those under 21 must be accompanied by a person or member 21 or over.
Do you think that's an appropriate resolution? I don't really want to fly NWA anytime soon knowing that I probably won't be allowed into the WC even if I follow the rules. So the miles don't really do much. I do appreciate the apology but I would've liked it if they provided me with a way to prevent this from happening again. I don't think I should have to fight with the employees to get into the WC...