FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Completed - Motion Failed: Include OMNI posts in Post Counts
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:36 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I am a latecomer to this thread. Did Randy publicly announce a decision not to count OMNI posts somewhere on FlyerTalk? If so, could somebody provide me with a link.

Assuming he made this decision, I applaud it. I, for one, think it makes sense to restore an exclusive and solitary focus on posts likely made in advance of FlyerTalk's core purpose of furthering our collective understanding of "miles and points." I hope to see my aggregate post count reduced accordingly to discount an embarrassing number of OMNI posts. While I will continue to partake in the debates and discussions in OMNI going forward, I have no problem in not having my post count artificially inflated by my dalliances there.

I will avoid repeating my earlier-stated position on this matter as I believe I have discussed it ad nauseum in this thread.

The electron trail is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789784