FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-Back Tickets. To do or not to do?
Old Apr 10, 1999, 11:51 am
BlondeBomber
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It has been covered on other threads, e.g. www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000459.html http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000362.html www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000683.html and www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000457.html and there is a web site that discusses the fare "rules" www.onetravel.com/rules/rules.cfm . I personally am of the belief that generally it is fair game but if you violate the rules then you do so at your risk and don't whine about it if you get caught.

The easy way around it is to back to back using two non-aligned airlines, e.g. UA and AA. Then it wouldn't be "illegal" back to back ticketing. It's kind of funny since my first introduction to back to back ticketing came from an airline's reservation agent who booked me two back to backs about 8 years ago.

I have not had a problem in the subsequent 8 years. I would not throw away my return coupons however. I have always planned them so I got another business or personal trip out of the return coupons.

I know I know SHHH!

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 04-10-99).]