Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk Server Sloooooow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 1998, 11:52 am
Original Member
Original Poster

FlyerTalk Server Sloooooow

Anyone having any problems with slow responses today. It has taken "forever" to get a response.
Old Dec 21, 1998, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
no - not today - yesterday I had no access at all between 8 and 9PM Swiss time = 2 to 3PM ET.
Old Dec 21, 1998, 12:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Must be the AT&T sever here in Houston.
Old Dec 21, 1998, 12:19 pm
Original Member

maybe your tin can & string are wet/rusted up??
Old Dec 21, 1998, 2:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I was using my tin can & string in Austin. Here in the premier city of Texas, Houston, we use an OC-12, connection to everywhere.
Old Dec 21, 1998, 3:23 pm
Commander Catcop

Here in the great nation of Jerzee I got onto FlyerTalk right away with AT&T, no problems.

And I can't wait to try out the computers in The other great nation of Texas to see how fast I can send a message back home! CATMAN
Old Dec 21, 1998, 4:10 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Just switched to the AT&T alternate #, and WOW!! What a difference. These threads are heating up. Must've logged in to an OC-48 line.
Old Dec 23, 1998, 11:40 am
pgupta011

I am having some problems too. This morning 10AM MST was extremely slow (other web sites were fine so its not a problem with my ISP - AT&T WorldNet). Now it is working fine.

Old Jan 5, 1999, 9:41 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If any of you are wondering why I have not been participating as actively lately, it is because I find the slow speed at FlyerTalk to be painfully slow. I have absolutely no problems at any other website so I doubt the problem is at my end.

Is anyone else experiencing slowdowns just here? This has been going on for about 2 weeks now...
Old Jan 5, 1999, 10:00 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
it WAS slow (for me) till about one hour ago - now it sprints!
Old Jan 5, 1999, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I'm convinced webflyer is broken. I continue to have problems with admain.htm that hang up my computer. This has been going on for over a week. I have no trouble elsewhere on the web. I have sent two e-mails to them with no reply. Why don't they do something!
Old Jan 5, 1999, 11:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
The only problem I had was early this morning when it was very slow. It is working fine now (other than the cookie problem mentioned elsewhere) as far as speed goes and has been for last couple of weeks. I am using Internet Explorer 4.01SP (this has all the fixes).
Old Jan 5, 1999, 3:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Hey MileageAddict, it may be your browser. I was on IE3.02 and I just upgraded to IE4.0 on the Microsoft web site. Webflyer works fine now. My guess is that the changes Webflyer made at the end of December have made the site virtually incompatible with the old browser. Try and upgrade if you are using the old version.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 9:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Did anyone ever think that all those NEW Christmas Computers would be logged on to FlyerTalk at the same time? No, just kidding. But, FlyerTalk does have some problems and apparently they are not simple ones.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Okay, it's SLOOOOOW.

I get offended if any website takes longer than ten seconds to load (yes, Jaws, I'm spoilt), & the intro page took a good 2 minutes this evening...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.