FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bogota -
Thread: Bogota -
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:14 am
djjaguar64
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JCinNYC
While I haven't been down there for a long while (almost 5 years), I would recommend you to stay in the Zona Rosa area, which is much much nicer and has a lot more to offer such as very good restaurants, shops, malls, bars, hotels, etc. Chapinero is not a nice area, very 'smb' oriented, kinda hectic (think about Garment District here in NYC) with lots of small business and offices, people rushing and traffic is crazy. I don't think there's a good selection of restaurants or bars, just a few for businessmen during lunch hours (and the gay bars you mentioned I believe)

Zona Rosa is very close to Chapinero and I'd rather cab it to a gay bar in Chapinero if you are going out (there should be gay bars in ZR too, there was one back then on Calle 74 IIRC) . Other than going to gay bars, I would not go to Chapinero as it has nothing to see. Zona Rosa is in Calle 82 and surroundings while Chapinero starts in Calle 72 and lower... so depending on where you stay, it'll be a 10-15 min ride (depending on time of day and traffic), and cabs are pretty inexpensive. Make sure you take one from the hotel if you don't know the city and don't speak Spanish to avoid getting lost or getting charged triple!

Enjoy Bogota!

Could you recommend a hotel in Zona Rosa with a gym?