FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge- what have they done for you? [2007 - 2014]
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:30 pm
dkelly1110

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PlatHunter
I agree very much with this. Even though I checked opentable within five minutes from receiving the email from amex. However isn't the point of concierge is that they have some sort of pull? That is why I tried them and simply didn't go to opentable in the first place.

From what I have been told the concierge does have pull, but only at certain restaurants. These restaurants (ones that have good relations with Amex) hold one table per day specifically for Amex Concierge reqeusts. If that table has not been booked for the day you're trying to reserve, I would imagine they have a better chance fo snagging it for you. Couple of weeks ago I wanted to move my reservation at Barton G in Miami from a 9:30 to something a bit earlier, the concierge contacted the restaurant on my behalf, but was unable to get anything in the 8:00 hour. Such is life. The restaurant was *packed* though, even as we were leaving close to 11:30.

And why not try opentable first yourself, it's pretty easy to check one restaurant on one day...