FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scandinavian Airlines upgrades Economy Extra on long-haul routes
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:29 am
ranskis

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I made some adaptations to the press release, this is of course me writing and is not endorsed by SAS in anyway... take it as a parody

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Group has downgraded its punishment tourist class, Economy, on its European route network. The service class, which is aimed at both business travelers with stingy yet realistic corporate accountants and normal leisure travelers, now has dedicated crew, no meal service and no attention to detail whatsoever. Please note that to the meal service has been substituted the meal selling concept.

"Constant downgrading is important in the ambition to keep Economy at the
leading lower edge of the airline industry," says ranskis, now occasional traveler on gamla SAS Nya Europaflyget. "I am continuously reviewing the product offerings and I felt it is natural for SAS to downgrade certain in-flight aspects. They have focused both on the higher prices and lower quality of food, as well as how they sell it."

"Economy Extra Europe is a unique selling point for SAS, and is a service class that attracts both lucky business travelers and very wealthy leisure travelers wanting an escape from the punishment Economy," could say some enlightened SAS officials. "Economy Extra Europe offers our customers a wide range of superior benefits, such as Business class check-in; bigger, same normal economy seats; and some kind of service. It is therefore key
for us to continuously review our product offering to ensure it is a class of
its own, by always downgrading the economy class to create such a difference between both classes"