FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:52 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
When in April are you planning to come? The Scottsdale Culinary Festival is in early April this year:
http://www.scottsdaleculinaryfestival.org/
I've gone probably 7 or 8 times in the 12 years I've been here, and it is a very good experience. Not sure if the kids would enjoy it but there are many people who bring kids. Many restaurants set up booths, you pay a few bucks for a sample. Kind of like Chicago's Taste (but a bit more refined).

I've been to the two Phoenix properties and the Tucson property you are looking at, for various events/dinners, but haven't been in rooms at any. The Point Hilton Squaw Peak is the closest to activities; an easy drive to the Biltmore area (shopping/restaurants), and maybe 5-10 min from the AZ51 Freeway. Personally, I think the Point South Mountain is a better property, but alas, no longer part of the Hilton family (and changed its name recently).

Let me know if you need ideas for things to do once here.