FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:29 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by RandyNZ
I'm booked to stay at the PH Mel in a Club King over Easter weekend 21-24 March 2008, so am waiting with some mild trepidation, but will report back.

I was originally going to stay at the highly rated Westin, but am kinda bored with SPG, so wanted to try something different.

Now if you want something to write about, try that Hyatt Summerfield I just stayed at in downtown Scottsdale, LOL!
I think you will be highly satisfied with your room here.
Our expectations of the Park Hyatt brand is high.Many of us have seen the brand when they had a highly polished act at the top of their game not all that long ago........

Have been to both properties and will stay at the Westin Melbourne this April
The problem in the past as well as present with PH Melbourne according to reports is service and management.This is a great property hurt only by bad management.

Because it is Park Hyatt it should be held to a higher bar.
The Park Hyatt brand seems to be going through a slight decline period to be polite.There are exceptions to that obviously
It is in midlife identity crisis torn between the international side and the North American side and the very sad closure of select US properties.

It has been many many years since there was a Park Hyatt in New York though I hear Andaz is coming to NYC however that still does nothing for cities like NY,LA or San Francisco where a PH is needed to fill in the gaps

Lets hope for a more stable future.The Park Hyatt brand in its prime globally was what I looked up to as the standard of a great luxury brand.
They taught me to spend more and get a great stay/service experience back in return.I would like to see some of the old Park Hyatt touch back.........
sigh