FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Widebody Downgrades at MIA
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:26 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
On a related note, let me just say that I frequently have thought how much fun it would be to do some kind of internship with AA in order to learn the inner workings of Capacity Planning, among other departments (Yield/Revenue Management, Operations, Premium Services, etc.). I love it when I'm at the airport, watching the plane get catered, cleaned, fueled, and loaded with luggage, and think about just how many departments are working together behind the scenes to make the flight happen. Wouldn't it be fun to know about them?

And it just seems silly that we all engage in so much speculation on FT. In fact, most of us already know more about AA policies than many employees do, especially airport AAgents! I just wish we could have some kind of seminar to learn the details formally from AA and not have to speculate so much. I bet we could convince Randy to sponsor it.

Of course, I wouldn't want it to be a paid internship, becuase I wouldn't want to become an employee and have to give up my AC membership.