FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:49 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Well not really, I show my AC card , ask where my departing gate is and ask for a couple of drink chits and they provide them. All they need to confirm is you are arriving from or departing to an international flight. I get them on arrival in MIA as well as departure.
Wow, you are brave. I would never try that when traveling on an eligible international itinerary.

I would be worried that some uninformed gatekeeper might say: "Oh, if you're a member, you never get drink coupons, because otherwise, what would be point of charging in the first place?"

As I've said before, it is likely that AC members are the lowest on the totem pole from the perspective of PS mgmt because AA does not get any additional revenue when you walk in. By contrast, every time a OW elite (or QF Club member) enters, the sponsoring airline pays AA a token amount. And premium international/full-fare transcon F/P pax clearly have shelled out a great deal of cash (or cash+miles+copay) to AA for just that one trip.