FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Upgrades in the Register of Members' Interests
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:58 am
PhilH

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
BA Upgrades in the Register of Members' Interests

With the increasing level of disclosure that now appears to be required by MP's of their interests, I was perusing the latest edition of the register and came across these rather bizarre entries by David Cameron and Menzies Campbell:

CAMERON, Rt Hon David (Witney)

5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK)
29 November 2007, I received a first class upgrade, as part of a promotional offer from British Airways, on a flight from Washington DC to London (paid for by the Conservative Party). (Registered 7 December 2007)
CAMPBELL, Rt. Hon. Sir Menzies (North East Fife)

5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK)
15 February 2007, on the return flight from a visit to the USA made in my capacity as Chancellor of St Andrew's University, I received an upgrade from Business to First Class from British Airways. (Registered 28 February 2007)
http://www.publications.parliament.u...109/memi06.htm

The first sounds like the recent "upgrade one way to FIRST" deal that BA ran. The second sounds like an op-up.

Does anyone else think that either of the above should be entered on the Register of Members' Interests? I must say I find it very curious.