FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting Condos and Houses in Hawaii" thread
Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:11 pm
Recreation

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
If anyone has stayed at the Mahana before can you tell me how suitable this property would be for kids ages 8 and under? Looking at the website it doesn't look like they have much of a beach or pool area. If there is an alternate Resortquest property of similar quality but with a nicer pool area for kids I would like to switch to the reservation. I would prefer to stay with Resortquest because of their excellent Entertainment rates.
I've never stayed there, but I like the location. The building reminds me of a circa 1970 apartment building; architecturally speaking, it leaves me cold. However, because of the way it's built, every condo should have a very nice ocean view except occasional palm trees, etc.

I think a big problem with renting from ResortQuest is that the quality of their rooms vary so much. That's why I prefer to rent from the owner directly as you know exactly what your condo is going to look like and what the view is going to be. The privately owned units at Mahana on VRBO vary quite a bit in terms of decorating and upkeep. I guess if you get a crappy one, you can ask for a different one if you rent from a management agency.

Have you checked out Maui Revealed's website yet? They are now offering free aerial views and reviews. Personally, I think Shores is much nicer...

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrmahana.html