FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fromtier Changing Planes
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:34 am
loboclone

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
The carrier has started using a new type of turboprop plane, the 74-passengers Bombardier Q-400. And according to its manufacturer, the 'Q' stands for quiet.

Source: http://www.kblg.com/modules.php?name...ticle&sid=7144
Not new news to some of us, F9 has replaced the Q400 for Regional Jets flown by contractors. They have had some issues getting approval to fly them from FAA. There were some landing gear issues last summer with the plane and FAA approval issues. I think Horizions and Alaska Air business model was saw as a way to improve bottom line by F9. Also Lynx is a non-union company owned by F9, gets around the labor cost issue also.
The problem for me was they really didn't tell me as a PAX that my ticket for a Regional Jet was now changed to a turbo prop, I protested and was surprised to get a refund on those flights. Good Customer SVc but an announcement would have been in order. I have too many options when flying, I choose to fly a 737 or A318-19 any day over a prop, F9 has pulled the only A318 flight AM out of ABQ and replaced with Q400. Only one Regional Jet/day out of ABQ, its hard to fly F9 anymore unless I do WN to DEN and jump on F9. I choose WN, besides when it is $49 ABQ-DEN on both and its 737 vs Q400 what would you do?