FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Your Line of Work? Where do you trace your love of flying back to?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:40 pm
general45
Original Member

I travelled to Germany to visit my grandparents from age 1 through 17 twice a year. By the time I reached 10, I had allready accumulated well over 200,000 miles flown. No Lufthansa miles back than.
For a summer job I worked for a security company called Wackenhut at EWR screening passengers back in the early 70's. My friends father worked for Eastern Airlines in the flight operations center. Since I worked a night shift and there were usually long lapses between flights, I would often ride with him on the tarmac when he would go on board planes to deliver paperwork for fuel and supplies. Imagine trying to do that today!
It's during this time period that honed my passion for flying. I am a business owner and I seldomly travel for business except for conventions or vendor business meetings. I do fly 4-6 times a year on vacation trips. In February I will be off again to Munich with my wife and son to visit relatives. This will be a first for me; I have never been to Germany during the winter. I guess I will see first hand the picture postcard views of the farmlands and mountains in all their winter glory. I can't wait.