FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Your Line of Work? Where do you trace your love of flying back to?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:50 pm
Punki
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
My first flight was in a crop duster when I was a little kid in the 40s. I can still remember that the door was hooked on with bailing wire, but I loved every second of that flight. I couldn't have been much more than six, maybe seven, at the time. In the early 50s I can remember going to the Quad City Airport (MLI) to pick up my uncle who flew in on a really big plane--probably a DC-3.

I was excited beyond belief when I had the opportunity to fly from Chicago to Palm Beach when I was, maybe 10. I thought I was the cat's meow. I can still remember the red coat I wore on that flight.

My love affair with flying has spanned many decades and shows no signs of slowing down.

We own a company that designs and produces trade show exhibits and graphics, so our work entails a decent amount of flying, much of which we have passed on to the younger generation, but we still get in our share. I guess now we pick and choose and end up with more of the fun stuff, and less of the grunt flying work. Which is as it should be.

I am hoping to be going strong 30 years from now. ^