FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:56 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Actually, I felt much more comfortable posting on this before LuckyCoins announced how he voted. Until that point, it was clear that I was discussing how important it is that TB members think their votes through and not just cast ballots lightly. I also made it a point to say that I doubt that any TB member would casually switch votes in such a short period of time without a true compelling reason.

LuckyCoins' announcement of how he voted changes that situation. It is now obvious that if all the old TB members vote the way they did three weeks ago, the motion will pass.

By my contending that they should vote the same way (and I not only think they should but have enough respect for them to believe that they will) I am, in practical terms, arguing that this motion should be passed. As I oppose it, and have said so repeatedly when it was first suggested, that puts me in a very strange position.

Therefore, I will sum up as follows and then completely bow out of this discussion:

1. It is my own belief that this forum should not be established.
2. More important than that belief, however, is the point that TB members should not sway in the wind and should give careful consideration to all of their votes.
3. There has been no serious change in the situation in the past few weeks, so if a TB member did, indeed, think carefully before voting last time, he will vote the same way this time.