FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back and forth across the Pacific on a variety of airlines in a selection of classes
Old Dec 26, 2007, 4:52 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
LOS ANGELES to SYDNEY (LAX-SYD) on Qantas 747-400 in first class

Check in was quiet. Even a couple of hours before the flight I got sequence number 117 (on a not very full flight) so I guess there are lots of connecting passengers today. Security was empty (and once again missed my gels tucked up in multiple amenity kits) and I was soon up to the lounge.

I took a shower. The flagship lounge was almost completely deserted with just 3 passengers (including me) and only 1 staff member flitting in and out but spending most of her time at the admirals club reception.

I had some drinks and read a bit. Popped out to send some messages from the computers in admirals club, before returning for a few more drinks.

Boarding was then called. I took my seat in an almost empty first cabin. Just the four passengers - two of whom I recognised as a former Qantas chairman and a female movie star. The rest of the aircraft was almost as empty. Despite this the captain reported we were at maximum take off weight - clearly QF had more freight than normal today.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 26, 2007 at 5:15 pm