FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-route due to weather; Original EQM/EQS?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:27 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Happened to me today. I figured the 6:00 am IAD departure would be protection against issues, but fog delayed our taxi and takeoff from IAD, and de-icing of the taxiways in DEN caused me to arrive 1:20 late and miss my onward flights.

UA protected me onto the nonstop DEN-SAN (as expected). Even though the protection shows as full Y, it's going to be short of 1P re-qualification, since I was going to make it at 50003 miles with the original itin, and the new one falls short by several hundred even with the high-yield bonus.

Guess as soon as the flights post, it will be time to fax MP & call, etc. Only thing that irks me is that this is so close to the end of the year and when I will not have time to fly again, it's going to really be nail-biting wait (and I am naturally impatient). I really don't want to not see them post prior to 12/31 and then have to argue to get them back-dated.

(Then again, that's the pessimist in me; I've never had a problem before and have only had to fax twice on one occasion; every other time it's been taken care of ASAP.)