Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Re-route due to weather; Original EQM/EQS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Re-route due to weather; Original EQM/EQS?

If one of my middle segments of my whole itinerary is through ORD and due to weather issue in ORD, I was re-routed before I even reach ORD, can I get my original EQM/EQS?

How should I do it, fax vs. email vs. call?
Would it change my chance of getting original EQM/EQS if the re-route is initiated by me vs. by the GA?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Take a copy of original itinerary. I just write on the page, with large letters, "Re-routed due to weather. Please credit miles for itinerary as purchased." Fax it in. I've always rec'd credit with 48 hours, if not sooner. Reports indicate that mailing the request in takes significantly longer.

Fax: 605.341.6140

Last edited by kevinsac; Dec 10, 2007 at 11:14 am
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
IME, the magic words you ask for are "original routing credit". I've had success just calling MP and requesting this over the phone.

Safe travels...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you got re-routed through other airlines, save your BP. Need to send in the BP when request for original miles in that case.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Take a copy of original itinerary. I just write on the page, with large letters, "Re-routed due to weather. Please credit miles for itinerary as purchased." Fax it in. I've always rec'd credit with 48 hours, if not sooner. Reports indicate that mailing the request in takes significantly longer.

Fax: 605.341.6140
I faxed that number regarding missing credits 2 weeks ago and they never posted. Didn't seem very speedy, can the 1K desk/Email assist with this? I'm in the same predicament, my flight on Sun night was cancelled, and I was put on a non stop, which resulted in me receiving less EQM / EQS.

Thanks,
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Astriker
I faxed that number regarding missing credits 2 weeks ago and they never posted.
Some have mentioned the need to fax the information a second time and that it should post quickly. I would say try once more before you give up hope.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by LAX-1K
IME, the magic words you ask for are "original routing credit". I've had success just calling MP and requesting this over the phone.
I had a similar situation, though it was a combination of Mech and Weather that caused the delay that mangled my itin. I emailed MP about this and never heard back. After a week of waiting I called MP and they were happy to oblige. They needed my ticket number, then it took them about five minutes.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:08 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I had a similar situation but was rerouted on US Airways instead. I was told by MP that because US is a *A partner, I would not be able to get the mileage credit per original itineary. Is this true?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Call again, I have been re-routed on LH & US and have received original routing credit. Its the agents issue, not yours.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Thanks a ton for posting this post and the responses. My flight to SLC was changed from multi legs to non stop (not a bad thing) but I missed out on segments. I faxed it in, and then emailed 1K with the itinerary and fax in PDF. The first person replied that it would not be possible, and thanks for being loyal. I wrote back that its not the first time I've heard of UA doing this, in which they advised that my request would be sent to MP. Within 30 minutes I received an email that the flights had been credited and I could review it online. Now at 125 Segments on UA YTD, it's been a good run.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Q. If I waited till after Jan 1st to fax in credits for Dec, will they count for 08 or 07? I'm think 07 but I never know..
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jason8612
Q. If I waited till after Jan 1st to fax in credits for Dec, will they count for 08 or 07? I'm think 07 but I never know..
It will be counted as 07. It is based on the date of the departure, not based on the date of posting.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:52 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by wendySFO
It will be counted as 07. It is based on the date of the departure, not based on the date of posting.
thats what I figured.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:27 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Happened to me today. I figured the 6:00 am IAD departure would be protection against issues, but fog delayed our taxi and takeoff from IAD, and de-icing of the taxiways in DEN caused me to arrive 1:20 late and miss my onward flights.

UA protected me onto the nonstop DEN-SAN (as expected). Even though the protection shows as full Y, it's going to be short of 1P re-qualification, since I was going to make it at 50003 miles with the original itin, and the new one falls short by several hundred even with the high-yield bonus.

Guess as soon as the flights post, it will be time to fax MP & call, etc. Only thing that irks me is that this is so close to the end of the year and when I will not have time to fly again, it's going to really be nail-biting wait (and I am naturally impatient). I really don't want to not see them post prior to 12/31 and then have to argue to get them back-dated.

(Then again, that's the pessimist in me; I've never had a problem before and have only had to fax twice on one occasion; every other time it's been taken care of ASAP.)
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
As mentioned by LAX-1K, I just called MP and they did the adjustment for me immediately. I guess this will work only if all your flights are on UA metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.