FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge- what have they done for you? [2007 - 2014]
Old Nov 24, 2007, 8:33 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
1. Plat concierge got me tickets to Leno in Las Vegas, the seats were moderately better than I could get myself online or on the phone, for the same price.
Likewise. I think that they also saved my $6/tixket on some fee by calling the hotel directly instead of going through the regular telesales, but I'm not positive.

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
3. I used them to try and make restaurant reservations and they were not too helpful, they e-mailed me a list of restaurant suggestions that was cut-and-pasted from Frommers.com, I didn't end up reserving any restaurants through them.

Originally Posted by HKBelonger
They are great about finding restaurants in the small cities/big towns that I tend to frequent. I call them before the flight and by the time I land, have a reservation or 3-4 options in my email of places nearby my hotel. When they make the reservation for me, I usually find the restaurant staff to be particularly attentive.^
They usually start with OpenTable for restaurant reservations. Since OpenTable offers $1/reservation in kickbacks to whomever makes the reservation (and since I use it regularly in NYC anyways) I've just started making the reservations myself. I actually wish they did a better job of this because I'd like to find different/good restaurants when I travel instead of just the ones that subscribe to the service. but that can't really be expected for an agency that is covering the whole world (or even just the US).