FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask Your Questions Here...
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:50 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Beckles
It is my understanding that spouses or domestic partners are automatically authorized drivers for #1 Club Gold Members.

From the #1 Club Gold contract:

2. WHO MAY OPERATE THE CAR

Only You and, with Your permission, the following persons, provided that they meet the qualifications set forth in the following sentence (“Authorized Operators”), may operate the Car: Your spouse, Your domestic partner (if You are not married), Your employer, employees and fellow employees incidental to their business duties, and any other person who meets Hertz’ qualifications and who signs an Additional Authorized Operator form at the time of rental. Except as provided in the following sentence, all Authorized Operators must be at least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license from a jurisdiction acceptable to Hertz.

In my experience, the Hertz employees I've had discussions with about this are not aware of this rule, so I just don't bother discussing it with them anymore.

Oh, I never noticed this in a rental contract before, but it's good to know we're not violating the contract when we valet park:

Except to the extent necessary for valet parking or in an emergency as permitted by law, no other persons are permitted to operate the Car
Can anyone give me a URL to find this contract online?