Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Your Questions Here...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Ask Your Questions Here...

I work for Hertz at an airport in Pennsylvania... Does anyone have any questions that need to be answered?

Last edited by Rut Dog; Oct 15, 2012 at 5:49 am Reason: Updated for Relevancy
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:55 am

Me Too!!!

Originally Posted by geez10
I work for Hertz at an airport in Pennsylvania... Does anyone have any questions that need to be answered?
HEY ME TOO!!!! I work at an airport location in PA also.

I am looking forward to reading the responses you get!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:13 am

How much do you make off of paid upgrades?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:36 am

who assigns the cars (who is responsible for deciding upgrades and such)
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:54 am

Thank you to the both of you for offering to answer questions. I hope you will feel welcome here.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:25 am

Why does Hertz charge $10 per DAY for an additional driver who is not a spouse? A one-time administrative fee would be understandable, but why a per day fee?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by me1972
HEY ME TOO!!!! I work at an airport location in PA also.

I am looking forward to reading the responses you get!
Do the two of you work together?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:41 am
Suspended

Thanks for the offer. Here my qeustion:
In the case that I damage a car is it the usual practice to provide the customer with a detailed copy of the actual repair bill?
Also, if the amount to be paid in any case of damage will not be reduced even if the damage is way lower than that "reserve"?
Thank you in adc´vance for any helpful input!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:26 pm
Original Member

Cool... thanks for offering to answer questions. ^

Could you describe the sort of reservation most likely to be given a free upgrade to the Prestige Collection? Does the reservation length and day/time of pickup make much of a difference? What other factors are at work?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier
OK - I'll bite...so I've been trying to use some "promotion" codes to get a cheaper price...and guess what...the daily/weekly price increases beyond any possible benefit of the code. So am I missing something or does Hertz consider a "rip-off" code to be a special promotion?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'll leave the bigger corporate type questions for another day and hopefully ask stuff that is pertinent to the location day-to-day operations.

(1) How are the 5* and PC levels used at the location? Does the person assigning cars see the levels and take them into account? Is it similar to a hotel, where assignments are done in the morning for arriving members that day, and done in order of status?

(2) How do you determine when there are plentiful enough upgraded cars to give them out to PC's and 5*'s? Sometimes when we don't get upgraded, we drive off wondering if somebody simply forgot to upgrade or if the upgraded cars were all reserved. At a lot of Hertz locations, there are so many cars sitting everywhere that it appears impossible that there's a shortage of cars - even good upgraded ones.

(3) When somebody walks into the Gold booth to negotiate a specialty upgrade - say, a convertible or a Prestige Collection car - how much leeway do you have to haggle and what cut do you get to keep? Are there different scenarios where you're less likely to let an upgrade go at the bottom end of that "range"?

(4) Have either of you guys ever considered transferring to Seattle? It's really quite nice out there - both mountains and sea nearby. Lots of good coffee. And the Hertz station there needs help - badly.

(5) Do you ever recognize and take extra care of your own location's most frequent renters, regardless of their overall status? (Again, sort of like hotels...)
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Re

Originally Posted by Tummy
How much do you make off of paid upgrades?
The more upgrades we sell, the more we get paid. Commission works on percentages so the more customers I sell upgrades to, my percentages will go higher and I will get paid I higher percent.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flatliner
who assigns the cars (who is responsible for deciding upgrades and such)
At small locations, like the one I work at, the CSR assigns the cars to contracts. The computer system tells us when the customer should get an upgrade.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:09 pm

Hi, thanks to your both for your offer to answer questions.

How about this one:

I've reserved a "Green" collection Subaru Outback at DTW. I arrive very late in the evening. If I find something "non Green" in my slot because they're out of the Outbacks, how much wiggle room do I have in negotiating for something else? I doubt I would be asking to upgrade into a big SUV or something (I rented "green" for a reason), but if I said "OK, can I just have anything with 4 doors and Neverlost for the price I originally reserved", is that a reasonable request?

Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfpaul900
Why does Hertz charge $10 per DAY for an additional driver who is not a spouse? A one-time administrative fee would be understandable, but why a per day fee?
All additional drivers, including spouses, have a $10/day additional driver fee unless you and the additional driver have AAA (AAA spouses drive for free) or your CDP otherwise states additional drivers are free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.