FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3rd Party Automated Check-in shut down
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:59 am
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
For those who missed it:

Friends of iBoardA.com and LoveCheckIn.org - it is with great regret that I must announce that Southwest is forcing us to discontinue our service. On November 11, 2007, I was notified Southwest filed suit against LoveCheckIn.org in Federal District Court in Texas and that our site must be down by 5pm(CST) for face further legal consequences. Southwest recently won a similar suit against BoardFirst.com, another Southwest check-in service, that forced them to close their site. It is important to tell you that I have done EVERYTHING I can possibly think of to continue providing our services in a way that benefits you as a traveler, Southwest as an organization and the community via social entrepreneurship and charitable giving. But after repeated attempts to work with their Manager of Business Support Projects, letters sent to several officers of the company including Executive Chairman Herb Kelleher, Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly, President Colleen Barrett and 11 others, and lastly, their legal department, Southwest refuses to work with us and support our greater mission of helping make your travel on Southwest Airlines easier while being able to contribute to charitable causes. Perhaps the writing was on the wall, but I am stubborn and wanted to follow my heart and truly thought that there would be a way to make this work for all parties involved.
Link