FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google - Unlimited Free Transaction Processing till 12/31
Old Nov 10, 2007, 5:31 pm
karthik

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
I just tried this. Created a merchant account using my legit LLC name and EIN, but stupidly used an existing account for that. I think I would have been much better off creating an entirely new account. I did use different address information and such, and changed the name on the account.

Paid myself $5k twice, both went through. Paid myself $10k, got flagged as high risk and cancelled. Tried $5k again, flagged as high risk again.

Both initial $5ks that went through took a couple hours, so they were obviously manually reviewed.

Then I got the dreaded letter... about the $10k transaction. Now I'm concerned that the $5k that I did after that will get my account closed. Oh well.

So be warned: they are very good at cross-referencing, apparently even against historical account data since the warning email referred to me by my first name, even though I had changed the account name to my company name. (Even the first/last name on the primary account info.)

Next step if the account isn't closed is to start trying to trade money with a friend. He already got his one and only self-transaction flagged (but they let it through), so their fraud department is probably well acquainted with us already.

I'm also tempted to create a new merchant account and start sending myself smaller amounts, say, $1000 at a time, to see if that sets anything off.