FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forbes ranks 'America's Worst Airlines' - US is the worst major
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:26 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by DesertRat
I can't believe Mesa isn't No. 1, either. Many, many times I have waited longer for the Mesa PHX-TUS connection than it would have taken to drive. Good thing wireless access is free in PHX!

I would like to see stats like this be arranged for the majors WITH their commuter flights -- i.e., include US and US's Mesa flights together, so it will more accurately inform the ticket-buying public, who may not realize who is actually operating the flight they are choosing.
There are three or four very valid reasons why commuters and majors are posted separately. 1 - In times of heavy traffic, larger planes with more passengers are given priority for takeoff, taxi, and landings over smaller planes with fewer passengers, thereby delaying commuter planes. 2 - In times of inclement weather, there are circumstances where larger planes can fly, where commuter planes cannot fly, thereby delaying commuter planes. 3 - Some commuter airlines fly for more than one major, such as Colgan Air, which flies as US Airways Express, United Express, and Continental Express, and Chautauqua Airlines, which flies as US Airways Express, American Connection, Delta Connection, Continental Express, and United Express, and there are several others. 4 - Some commuter airlines also operate their own scheduled service and chartered services, which would also affect their ratings, which would have nothing to do with the majors.