FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forbes ranks 'America's Worst Airlines' - US is the worst major
Old Nov 2, 2007, 2:28 am
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Source: Forbes Magazine
1. Comair (Delta connection)
2. Atlantic Southeast (Delta connection)
3. American Eagle
4. Expressjet
5. US Airways
List is here.

Story is here.
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I clicked on your link and here is a correction to your list. US is only the 6th worst (but still the worst major)--you left out Mesa!

1. Comair
2. Atlantic Southeast
3. American Eagle
4. Mesa
5. Expressjet
6. US Airways
Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
And DL, AA, and UA are right behind US.

You guys are just trying to hate on US. Yes it is the Bus in the Sky. But when they are right there with the other big 3 and better than their RJ providers it looks to me they are all about even in this article/list.

Delta has 1 and 2 and 5 and 9.
AA has 3 and 7.
UA has 4 and 8.
US had 4 and 6.
CO has 5.

Looks to me that Delta is by far the worse airline to fly from this. AA and US are tied as 2nd worse. UA is 3rd worse. and CO is 4th worse.

Just what I see from this...
The reality is that this list has little to do with reality! I am no longer a supporter of US, this will likely be my last year of big flying on US, and I am planning a status match for 2008, probably to CO. However, I know a bushwacking or a mugging when I see one! First and foremost, what do Comair, Atlantic Southeast, American Eagle, Mesa, and Expressjet have to do with major legacy carriers? NOTHING!!! Second, when you eliminate those commuter carriers, yes, I agree that US is first on the remaining list, but AA is a close second, then UA, DL, and AS, and really, there is hardly a whit of difference between them!

6. US AirwaysOn-time performance: 68.3% (third worst)
Baggage mishandling: 8.6 per 1,000 passengers (seventh)
Cancellations: 1.9% (ninth)

7. American AirlinesOn-time performance: 69.9% (fifth worst)
Baggage mishandling: 5.8 per 1,000 passengers (11th)
Cancellations: 2.0% (eighth

8. United AirlinesOn-time performance: 72.4% (sixth worst)
Baggage mishandling: 5.4 per 1,000 passengers (12th)
Cancellations: 2.1% (seventh)

9. Delta Air LinesOn-time performance: 75% (fifth worst)
Baggage mishandling: 6.6 per 1,000 passengers (eighth)
Cancellations: 1.5% (13th)

10. Alaska AirlinesOn-time performance: 72.8% (eighth worst)
Baggage mishandling: 6.6 per 1,000 passengers (ninth)
Cancellations: 1.2% (15th)

Basically there is not a difference worth talking about between number 6, US and number 10, AS, and all in between.