FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Brussels for solo woman ?
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:57 pm
Nachria

Originally Posted by Terocas
Besides the Hotel Amigo , which charges huge prices for weekends compared to other luxury properties, which hotel do you recommend for a solo female traveler on her first time in Brussels?
First, in my experience, Hotel Amigo is one of the few luxury properties in Brussels. So, stating that the Hotel Amigo is too expensive implies that hotels that charge that much are not what you are looking for. I suggested looking at hotels that may fit your budget if the Amigo is too expensive. The regional forum may be better for that.

I will be there for a weekend in January and I see rates are good in many luxury hotels ,though I read mixed reviews in most of them. I particularly like the Manos Stephanie hotel but it seems a bit far from the center.
I do not know what you consider a luxury hotel, but the Manos Stephanie hotel from what I have heard is a mid-range hotel.

Need to add that the Marriott hotels are out of my list because they are all non smoking.
Mariott hotels are not considered luxury hotels, except for the JW Marriot.

I think you're wrong! I asked for luxury hotels in Brussels with smoking rooms.
Not when your posts states that a Marriott is in the category of hotels you are looking at.

Have you any problem with that? Am I interfering with your choices? Please abstain from replying when you have no intention in helping other than hidden criticism to people who have other choices than yours.
Suggesting that this post is moved to the regional section is not hidden criticism. It is directly stating the fact that the hotels that you are asking about are not luxury hotels.

Thanks to all others who have replied . I have decided for the Plaza. It seems it is more or less the kind of hotel I am looking for and with a good location
I am happy to hear that.

Last edited by Nachria; Oct 29, 2007 at 6:37 pm