FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Santiago vs. Four Points Santiago
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:33 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dmk11
I'm going to SCL in late Nov and was going to stay in Santiago for 2 nights (22-23). I have the same dilemma choosing between these 2 hotels, except I have an extra twist. I will have a rental car with me (on the way to the wineries, Vina del mar). Which of these 2 hotels have easy parking? I was planning to just park it and take the metro to tour the city because I heard it's not a good idea to drive into the city.
The Sheraton has an easy parking lot. Even better, it is right at one of the Costanera Norte onramps, which means you can go right down the Costanera Norte to Ruta 68 toward Viņa without having to drive on any of the city streets. On previous trips, I've taken a taxi out to SCL to pick up my rental car just so I didn't have to navigate through Santiago (which is much easier than a lot of cities I've been to, but why chance it.) I don't know how the telepeaje system works on rental cars (the highways within the city are toll roads without booths - just a tag system).