FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Should I Do When My Neighbor is too "noisy?"
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:10 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
No. You're not entitled!

Originally Posted by TheMane
Although I feel your pain, I don't think you're justified in asking for compensation because of the following combined reasons:

1) A loud neighbor is not an oversight by the hotel staff or Starwood Corporate.
2) You did not provide the hotel staff an opportunity to help you with the problem until the next morning.
3) When you did bring notice to the issue, the hotel staff offered a solution immediately (moving you to a new room) and you declined.

Had you called at 2 am and said "I can't stand these people next door, I can't sleep" and they hadn't provided a solution, you'd have a valid complaint for compensation. However, the staff are not psychic and can hardly be blamed for a noisy neighbor that they are not notified of.

Hotel desks are staffed 24hrs/day. If you have a problem, you must let them know immediately if you expect them to help you solve it.

Hope this helps,
John
Oh wow! I love you! Thats exactly what I would have said. I have said it before, if a situation arises take care of it right then, not later, not after you get home, not two weeks after your girlfriends sisters birthday......

Originally Posted by money_opp
why not just call that room directly.. you know the room #, but they don't know your room.. pretending it's a probe.
I've called people, if you don't want them to trace the call, call from the phone in the hall.

So fellow FTers be warned.
[as Gene Rayburn from MatchGame would say]

If your making (blank) and it interupts my sleep you're going to recieve one (blank) of a phone call to request you knock it the (blank) off! :-:

Cheap Elite is one evil (blank) (blank) (blank) when his beauty sleep is interupted!

Last edited by KENNECTED; Oct 12, 2007 at 5:08 pm