FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Circle Pacific fare ex YVR question
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:36 pm
thefareguru

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
With all respect to GB, I am also a YVR TA and just wrote 2 of these tickets 4 days ago. The CCPSTAR2, 26000 mile ex-SEA came out to just under C$6100. Base fare was US$5740 plus a couple of surcharges came to US$5750 plus taxes for an itinerary of 23500 miles. Over 20% cheaper than starting in YVR. Taxes/surcharges may have been lower because the ticket was written on UA rather than AC, even though it ended with AC SYD-YVR and back to SEA.

The price is about $30 lower this week because of the lower USD, however it looks like the currencies are reversing direction this week, so this would be a good time to lock in a fare.

GB, what are you doing in Penang for so long? Is it possible to stay there for a reasonable price over time in the manner that I am accustomed [rather than in the 4-5* manner that YOU are accustomed]?

Also, do you think that they might consider raising these I've noticed a couple of RTWs that have gone up a bit, like ex-SGN which I was thinking of getting for myself? Also re the CIRPAC, I see no problem with leaving the last sector to the US as an open ticket AND an open jaw for later use to, for example SFO. Do you? Perhaps some horrible tax because of the YVR stopover?

Last edited by thefareguru; Oct 2, 2007 at 5:46 pm