Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Circle Pacific fare ex YVR question

Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM

I would like to do the following Circle Pacific trip in business class and would like to know if anyone would have the current fares available out of YVR:

YVR-(using new NZ nonstop service) AKL - PPT(stopover) - AKL(stopover) - SIN(stopover) - YVR

According to Great Cirlce Mapper this comes out to just over 25,000 miles.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Start from the USA !

CP*1 (22K miles)
Originating Canada = US$6458.
Originating USA......= US$4785

CP+2 (26K miles)
Originating Canada..= US$7716
Originating USA.......=US$5740.

Starting from USA could mean : SEA-YVR-... onwards, but return to YVR-then SEA.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
With all respect to GB, I am also a YVR TA and just wrote 2 of these tickets 4 days ago. The CCPSTAR2, 26000 mile ex-SEA came out to just under C$6100. Base fare was US$5740 plus a couple of surcharges came to US$5750 plus taxes for an itinerary of 23500 miles. Over 20% cheaper than starting in YVR. Taxes/surcharges may have been lower because the ticket was written on UA rather than AC, even though it ended with AC SYD-YVR and back to SEA.

The price is about $30 lower this week because of the lower USD, however it looks like the currencies are reversing direction this week, so this would be a good time to lock in a fare.

GB, what are you doing in Penang for so long? Is it possible to stay there for a reasonable price over time in the manner that I am accustomed [rather than in the 4-5* manner that YOU are accustomed]?

Also, do you think that they might consider raising these I've noticed a couple of RTWs that have gone up a bit, like ex-SGN which I was thinking of getting for myself? Also re the CIRPAC, I see no problem with leaving the last sector to the US as an open ticket AND an open jaw for later use to, for example SFO. Do you? Perhaps some horrible tax because of the YVR stopover?

Last edited by thefareguru; Oct 2, 2007 at 5:46 pm
Old Oct 3, 2007, 8:25 pm

thefareguru--I am sure you have discovered the ex-NRT fares are really great--around 6800CDN for 29,000 miles in J and 8600 in F ( approx rates)
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:05 am
Suspended

Hello Fare Guru

Fare Guru

I am looking for RTW fares myself for originations outside of North America. Do you handle these as well? I have used 1stAir.net for these before and am looking at the Passport Premiere program. Let me know if you can assist with an RTW originating in Jburg
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:54 am

hi there the fare guru--I haven't done a Circle pacific ex-YVR yet but am considering it--what is the fare right now and how bad are the surcharges--all in J--and is AC still requiring a call in to get the COS bonus on a CP fare?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Not sure what the surcharges are, but the CPSTAR2 base fare from YVR is now CA$8779.00

From SEA US$10140.00+
RTW is cheaper at US$9013+

Last edited by Argonaut1000; Jul 13, 2008 at 12:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.