FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your favorite beer?
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:25 pm
marais

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by bpratt
It depends on a few things: weather, mood, location, what's on tap? [...] So it all depends. There is no one best beer, except for the one you're drinking at the moment :-)
Great answer! Bukowski in Boston, my home tavern (or should I say my tavern home? ) has at least 12 microbrews on tap and 1 on cask (all constantly changing based on season and availability) and 100+ varieties in the bottle, so I'm spoiled for choice. I'm constantly switching up as I roam through the beer universe, with preferences skewed toward ales, fuller but not overly hoppy lagers, and porters. I prefer pints from the tap, especially since the taps at Bukowski are scrupulously maintained and the chill and carbonation are just right for me.

But I would be willing to throw some faves out there, just for fun:
  • Favorite Beer After Mowing the Lawn on a Hot Day: tossup between Rolling Rock ("the glass-lined tanks of Old" Latrobe, PA) and Bohemia (MX)
  • Favorite Beach Beer: Leon (MX), unattainable in the US (y sin límon, por favor )
  • Favorite Session Beer: Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale (Brooklyn, NY)
  • Favorite Beer to Drink While Contemplating the Universe and/or My Navel: Berkshire Brewing Co. Coffeehouse Porter (South Deerfield, MA)
  • Favorite Beer at Any US Airport: Sam Adams Boston Lager (Boston, MA)
  • Favorite 6-Pack to Go at the Gas Station: Yuengling Traditional Lager (Pottsville, PA) or Anchor Brewing Co. Anchor Steam Beer (San Francisco, CA)