FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Aeroplan modify J class overseas instant KK for SE's companions-2008, I hope so.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:30 am
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I understand why the instant KK benefit was restricted this year.

What I would hope is the some modification to the rule for 2008.

I would recommend that if an allowed/designated travelling companion (prehaps restricted to a member of the nuclear family of the SE) flies with the SE at all, then he/she would be eligible for instant KK. Let me give a couple of examples.

Right now, if a companion flies with the SE, and the SE has a Business class award on AC, or if the SE has a paid J or C (or Z?) class ticket, the companion can get instant KK (using the Aeroplan miles from the SE's account).

I would suggest the following (I have experiences these examples):

a) if a SE flies on business class revenue ticket from Canada to an overseas destination, with the intermediate overseas destination served by AC, but the final destination is not served by AC, then the companion travelling with the SE should have access to instant KK on the AC segments. As started in the other thread, I have a revenue ticket from YOW to LIS via LHR - my wife can not access instant KK seats in business class on the Air Canada Canada-LHR flights.

b) If the SE is flying on AC on any revenue ticket (ie economy ticket, and perhaps has upgraded with an upgrade certficate), the companion should have access to the instant KK inventory in business class.

That would help.

Might be simpler if it were just restricted to direct relatives. Perhaps based upon a list of names supplied ahead of time, to avoid issues such as, is an SO a relative.