FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:33 pm
AA-Platinum

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
JAL Lounge at LHR-3

The other day, my wife, daughter, and I used the JAL lounge (Area F) rather than the Admirals Club.

We arrived just as the club opened at 3:00pm (Note: I was there in May 2008 and the hours are now 1:00pm to 7:00pm). At first, they did not understand that we wanted to use the club. Eventually, they looked at BOTH my AA boarding card (PLT) and PLT card and welcomed us. As others have noted, they had to log us in manually.

They suggested that we might like the family room; they were correct. It's a wonderful space for children, with plenty of activities to keep our daughter happy and occupied. It also meant that we didn't have to worry about her making noise and disturbing others, which made for a much more pleasant experience for us.

As others have noted, there is a nice selection of drinks (hard and soft), as well as food. One thing of note: Sushi is not available until 4:00pm, so if you are on AA-131 (JFK) or AA-91 (ORD) you are out of luck, as you will have to head to the gate just as it is ready (AA-155 to BOS might just make it).

My one criticism was that there was a slim selection of newspapers and only a few copies of those that they had.

Overall, it was a nice experience and I would not hesitate to use it again (Note: We used it again in May 2008 and were just as pleased this time).

Last edited by AA-Platinum; May 2, 2008 at 4:34 pm Reason: Update Information