FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIA's A380 flight services to take off on Oct 28
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:19 pm
yyzprincess

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do bear in mind that SQ has a horrible habit of scrutinizing tickets at check in , especially in Singapore. They might check to see if the proper fare has been paid and that you *might* be asked to pay the fare diff.

I am not saying that they will do this especially since its their flagship flight.. however based on past and from what I have heard, SQ has refused flight to people who hold below-the-actual-value tickets and even tickets that were issued before there was a fare increase (these were coach tickets), and were asking passengers to pay the difference there and then or else they can always just "get a refund from where they bought their tickets from "!

But good for you that your tickets have been issued...! Do give us a very detailed trip report... and do take the time and have a wander round the back to see how economy class is!
It was SQ who changed my booking from F to R . The ticket was issued after the change was made to the booking class. It is an E-Tix issued in Sabre.Once the Class was changed, the Surcharged kicked in. Since I was paying the Hip charge for SIN, I was able to do 36 hour stop, which I was not allowed to do before. Should there be a fare change or difference was another reason why I did not issue the ticket booked in "F".
So I am not concerned. I always go by the book.

Lets not forget I am PPS and have qualified for next year already.

I never take photos.I will get a camera and take photos.I cannot guarantee the quality.Will write a detailed report.